Quark-Elec AIS Receiver+NMEA 2000 converter + GPS - QK-A028
NMEA 2000 AIS receiver with GPS.
Simply plug and play with your NMEA 2000 network for the ultimate convenience, no configuration required.
3 simultaneous data output connections:
- NMEA 2000 network
- NMEA 0183 output
- USB output
The A028 combines dual channel AIS and GPS Data and provides your data through NMEA 2000 and NMEA 0183 simultaneously.
Simply plug and play with your NMEA 2000 network, for the ultimate convenience and flexibility, no configuration required.
3 simultaneous data output connections:
- NMEA 2000 network connection to your N2K backbone will provide AIS and GPS data to your complete N2K network, chart plotter, radio and other connected devices and instruments. (including informing your navigation software for plotting way-points and collision avoidance.)
- NMEA 0183 RS422 output
- USB output to a laptop of your choice (or USB OTG tablet or phone)
The advantage of an integrated GPS is that you can see, not only where other ships are, but crucially where you are in comparison with them and the coastline.
The ideal AIS and GPS multiplexer for your convenience.
- Compact dual channel AIS receiver
- Multiplexer: combines AIS and GPS
- View your AIS data and location through NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183 in RS422 and USB simultaneously if desired.
- AIS range: up to 20 nautical miles
- Compatible with Chart plotters and other AIS/GPS receiving devices and instruments, Windows, Mac OS X, Linux systems and USB OTG tablets and chart plotters.
- Two independent receivers monitor AIS channels (161.975MHz &162.025MHz) and decode both channels simultaneously
- Combines AIS and GPS messages, and outputs as a seamless stream of data
- Sensitivity down to -105 dBm@30% PER
- AIS reception range: up to 20 nautical miles
- BNC connector for 50 Ohm VHF antenna
- Built-in GPS module to provide positional data (simply connect a GPS antenna)
- Powered SMA connector for 50 Ohm GPS antenna
- NMEA 2000 (N2K) output
- NMEA 0183 RS422 message output – baud rate 38400bps (also connects to NMEA 0183 RS232 when used with the Quark-elec Protocol Bridge (AS03)
- Additional NMEA 0183 output through USB OTG
- Plug & play connectivity with chart plotters and PCs
- Compatible with Windows XP,7,8,10,Mac OS X, Linux systems
- 1 x QK-A028 with NMEA 2000 connection cable
- 1 x NMEA 0183 RS422 connection cable
- 1 x USB cable
- Protective cover/insert for NMEA 0183 and USB, protects the connections when not in use.
- 1 x CD containing Manual (and driver software for some Windows PCs)
- 1 x Setup Guidebook
QK-A028 has the following connections/indicators:
- AIS antenna connector. Standard BNC female 50 Ohm connector. An active VHF antenna splitter(e.g. QK-A015-TX ) is required if one VHF antenna is shared by QK-A028 and VHF voice radio.
- GPS antenna connector: Powered SMA connector for 50 Ohm GPS antenna. Built-in GPS module. An integrated GPS unit supplies positional data in addition to the AIS data. Simply connect the chosen GPS antenna.
- NMEA 2000 (N2K) connection. NMEA 2000 network cable integral to the A028 for easy plug and play connection to your NMEA2000 backbone. The majority of all NMEA 0183 messages are converted to NMEA 2000, full list of conversions can be found in the manual.
- NMEA 0183 output connectors. QK-A028 can be connected to NMEA 0183 RS422 AIS or GPS compatible equipment including chart plotters and multi-functional displays. NMEA 0183 RS 422 cable included for ease of connection. (also connects to NMEA 0183 RS232 when used with the Quark-elec Protocol Bridge (AS03)
- USB connection. A micro USB port outputs NMEA 0183 messages.
- LED lights: indicate power (top, red), AIS (centre, green), and GPS (bottom, green) status respectively..
Optional: If using the NMEA 0183 output – Will your device need a Protocol Bridge?
This product uses the MNEA0183 RS422 protocol (differential signal), however, some chart plotters or devices may use the older NMEA RS232 protocol (Single-ended signal).
Some customers have found that their Garmin products use the older RS232 connection. This is not a problem, our QK-AS03 Protocol Bridge connects NMEA RS232 wiring to NMEA0183 RS422 and visa versa. The QK-AS03 Protocol Bridge is easy to install using a simple ‘Plug ‘n’ Play’ connection with no setup or configuration needed. You will probably need one if you are connecting to a Garmin Device or some Raymarine Products. The easiest way to check, is to look at the input/output connections on the device that you will connect the multiplexer to. If the input/output connections on your device (Chart plotter, depth reader, etc.) have a TX, RX or GND connection, use a protocol bridge.